Drone use is allowed in Albania, but there are several drone laws that need to be followed when flying in the country. Albania has just approved legislation for the use of unmanned aerial vehicles and is working for their implementation, specifically Urdher nr.114 and Urdher nr.143, based on EASA (EU) 2019/945 and EASA (EU) 2019/947 however no adaption of EASA (EU) 2021/664 yet.
Operators must ensure that they follow the following drone laws when flying in Albania,
- Do not fly your drone over people or large crowds.
- Respect other’s privacy when flying your drone.
- Do not fly your drone over airports or in areas were aircraft are operating.
- You must fly during daylight hours and only fly in good weather conditions.
- Do not fly your drone in sensitive areas like government or military facilities. Use of drones or camera drones in these areas are strictly prohibited.